The Incubator at IIT, completed in 2011, is Chicago's premier research facility for emerging companies. With office space as well as sophisticated wet and dry lab space for lease and direct proximity to IIT's top biomedical and chemical engineering faculty, the Incubator was built specifically to launch successful startups in life sciences, biotech, engineering, materials, chemical research, and much more.
IIT Incubator details
- Constructed to house more than 30 startup companies, the Incubator features 19 wet labs and 9 dry labs, and 6 offices.
- Furnished office suites are approximately 300 square feet
- Dry labs range in size from 300 to 900 square feet and have one 120V receptacle with emergency power backup and one 208V receptacle
- The wet labs have adjacent, furnished offices and they range in size from 750 to 2,000 square feet. Labs can be slightly modified to fit the complex needs of life science, engineering and chemistry-based companies, and the Incubator's sophisticated infrastructure comes standard:
- Sink with hot and cold water, RO water, and eyewash
- Natural gas, compressed air, and vacuum on bench top
- Two bench-top spigots for other gases, piped to tank rack
- Drying rack and stainless steel shelf
- Fume hood with variable volume control and cup sink
- Shared equipment rooms with autoclave, glass washer, centrifuge, freezer, refrigerator, and ice maker
- Conference and break room
- 120V receptacle with emergency power backup and one 208V receptacle
- a backup generator farm
- building-wide, high-efficiency ventilation system.
Chicago's IIT Incubator features sophisticated lab space built with the following industries in mind
- Medical devices
- Cell and tissue culture
- Contract research
- Nutraceuticals and Food
- Alternative Energy and Fuel Cells
- IT Software and Hardware
For floor plans and a full listing of wet and dry lab specifications, download
Incubator – South Floor Plan – 1st Floor
Incubator – South Floor Plan – 2nd Floor
Incubator – North Floor Plan
Incubator Enlarged Floor Plan and Equipment Specifications
Need more details? Download the Incubator Client Handbook or contact Daniel Marselle.
Ready to apply? Fill out the Incubator Application.